Private villas in Zanzibar
Luxury Accommodation, North East Coast of Zanzibar
The North East Coast of Zanzibar boasts the long, white picture-perfect beaches that first attracted many visitors to the island. Less than a kilometer offshore, waves beak along the fringe reef that runs the length of the island, and the warm turquoise waters attract divers, swimmers and fisherman alike. An unbroken strip of coconut palms completes the vision of a perfect tropical paradise.
The beaches here slope very little, so swimming from the beach is difficult at low tide. It does, however allow for an easy exploration of the fascinating reef that lies beyond.
Matemwe is the most northerly of the east coast settlements – a classic Swahili fishing village set amongst a forest of coconut palms. Every evening you can watch the fishing dhows set sail into the sunset, only to return the following morning to deliver their fresh catch on the beach.
Northeast coast, Zanzibar
Lying just north of Matemwe Village, Matemwe Lodge occupies a fantastic location on a low coral cliff beside a sweeping sandy beach. The Mnemba Atoll lies just offshore, making this a popular destination for divers wishing to explore some of Zanzibar’s best dive sites.
Popular with well-travelled, unpretentious couples, Matemwe Lodge is a peaceful oasis with 12 thatched cottage suites all overlooking the ocean.
- Low Season from US$280 pp/pn (Full Board)
- High Season from US$330 pp/pn (Full Board)
Matemwe Retreats’ 4 luxury villas are located on a picture perfect piece of land opposite Mnemba Island. Each villa boasts a personal butler service, amazing roof deck with plunge pool and a huge romantic bathtub overlooking the Indian Ocean.
Super stylish, romantic and very private, these villas are honeymoon heaven!
- Low Season from US$450 pp/pn (Fully Incl.)
- High Season from US$555 pp/pn (Fully Incl.)
Matemwe Beach House
Matemwe Beach House is a stylish family villa situated directly on the beach. Enjoy magnificent sea views as your butler serves you sundowners on your private pool deck and your chef prepares a fresh seafood dinner…
Ideal for families or a group of up to 6 friends seeking a relaxed and luxurious holiday.
- Low Season from US$1500 per villa (Fully Incl.) – for 4 adults
- High Season from US$1850 per villa (Fully Incl.) – for 4 adults
Mnemba Island Lodge
Mnemba Island Lodge is where ‘barefoot luxury’ gets its meaning. A small private island dotted with 10 bandas offering complete privacy, idyllic beaches, turquoise lapping ocean and the best diving and snorkeling in Zanzibar right on your doorstep.
If you really want to treat yourself, you’ve just found paradise!
- Low Season from US$685 pp/pn (Fully Incl.)
- Mid Season from US$999 pp/pn (Fully Incl.)
- High Season from US$1340 pp/pn (Fully Incl.)
Che Che Vule Private Villa
Che Che Vule Private Villa is located on a beautiful beach in Matemwe. It offers 4 spacious bedrooms and the friendly professional staff will look after your every need.
An exclusive, private retreat with an authentic atmosphere and modern comforts.
- Low Season from US$450 per villa (Full Board) – for 4 adults
- High Season from US$600 per villa (Full Board) – for 4 adults
- Peak Season from US$750 per villa (Full Board) – for 4 adults
Situated opposite the Mnemba Atoll, Zi Villa offers homely accommodation in a luxurious setting for up to 14 guests. Rent the whole villa for your family and friends and be pampered by the friendly staff and your two personal chefs.
This comfortable and enchanting villa is like a home away from home in a paradise setting!
- Low Season from US$720 per villa (Full Board) – for 4 adults
- High Season from US$750 per villa (Full Board) – for 4 adults
Villa Turquoise is located on a pristine beach, close to the fishing village of Matemwe. The villa has expansive views of Mnemba Island and the Indian Ocean, and has a large tropical garden, private pool and beach.
A stay at Villa Turquoise, which sleeps up to 14 people, offers you the privacy of an exclusive Villa combined with the luxury, comfort and service of a five star resort.
- Low season from US$475 (food/drinks additional) – for 4 guests (Exclusive Use)
- Peak season from US$930 (food/drinks additional) – for 4 guests (Exclusive Use)
Matemwe Villa Loiki
Matemwe Villa Loiki is one of the oldest and best located beach houses in Matemwe. This cozy but luxurious beach villa can accommodate up to 10 guests in 4 bedrooms, and features a large private swimming pool in the garden.
Guests at Matemwe Villa Loiki have the free use of a Nissan Patrol 4×4 (7-seater) and a large Speedboat for snorkelling trips and sundowner cruises!
- Low season from US$450 (food/drinks additional) – for 4 guests (Exclusive Use)
- Peak season from US$900 (food/drinks additional) – for 4 guests (Exclusive Use)
Garden Beach Villa
Garden Beach Villa is another fabulous beach house on Matemwe’s famous stretch of paradise beach. Whether you’re lazing around the large swimming pool or taking long romantic walks on the endless beach, you’ll have no choice but to relax and unwind…
Garden Beach Villa has 4 spacious bedrooms and sleeps up to 10 people. Your own private chef and butler will ensure that you enjoy a luxurious and comfortable family holiday!
- Low season from US$500 (food/drinks additional) – for 4 guests (Exclusive Use)
- Peak season from US$700 (food/drinks additional) – for 4 guests (Exclusive Use)
Green and Blue Zanzibar
One of Matemwe’s newest luxury Boutique Hotels, Green and Blue Zanzibar is perfectly situated on a point overlooking two postcard-perfect bays.
Green and Blue is German/Austrian owned and managed, and is the epitome of Island style and elegance!
- Low Season from US$135 pp/pn (B&B)
- High Season from US$160 pp/pn (B&B)
- Peak Season from US$220 pp/pn (B&B)